I noted that the palm of her hands, so soft, so vulnerable, had turned on her thighs, so that they faced up. Among slave girls this is a common ways of signaling need, helplessness, a desire to please.
Vagabonds of Gor — Page: 209
There are two ways to perform the Gorean slave position – nadu.
Most often, you will read in the Gor Book series that the palms are facing down. Other times, you will read that the kajira is in nadu with the palms facing up. Usually, this is to express begging, a need for usage, and a desire to be pleasing.
I personally insist that a kajira does nadu with the palms facing up. There are several reasons why I insist that it is done this way.
* Nadu is done at the end of the day, naked in bed, waiting for me to enter the bedroom. It is a full expression to end the day on a positive re-enforcement that she is a kajira, surrendered and still desiring to please. (seeing her in this position, naked and waiting for me, usually this leads to some sex before sleep).
* Expressing with palms facing up is a sign of surrender. Showing palms in the military was a international sign that showed surrender. Detail is always given when saluting in the military; it is always palms not showing. Showing palms in the biker community also expressed and showed signs of surrender.
* Palms facing up, kneeling with legs spread wide, back straight, and breasts out are full expressions of surrender.
* The hands are expressions to detail that mean much. Palms up, slightly cupped express full surrender and vulnerability. It leaves a slave feeling completely open.
* I, personally believe that showing the back of one hands is a sign of disrespect. Thus the term, “back of the hand”. Palms facing down is showing the back of the hands. The a personal preference and viewpoint. This is my choice.
* Lastly, it sets the kajira a part from most others. It is a deeper, fuller expression of her body, her motives and her needs. It is most pleasing.
If you read anywhere that somehow that if a kajira can only do the nadu slave position with the palms facing down, that is false teaching. It is a personal choice of the Master. Not decided by others.