I was sharing yesterday during a job interview about the importance of Family. During the job interview, the question was asked “Outside of work, what is important to you?”
Anyone who knows me, knows this was an invitation to begin speaking about what I enjoy and believe. The following is a snapshot of what I said for the next half hour as I shared and answered her questions.
- Chosen Family come together through common bond, not blood. Gorean and Allies. Leather. Master/slave relationships. Patriarchal structure. Community and social activism.
- Quality Time We spend quite a lot of time together. Shooting pool. Vacations. Watching shows. Playing cards. Shopping. BBQ and open fire pits. Community events. Fund raisers for social causes. Celebrating birthdays, children’s achievements, and anniversaries together.
- Quantity Time It helps that some of us live together under one roof. We also look forward to our weekly Sunday Leather Brunch. We are very fortunate that we see each other daily or at the very least weekly. Many other people only connect at the odd munch or party every couple of months.
- Visibility and Pride Everyone is our Family is very open at home, at work, in their neighbourhoods, and among friends about their position and relationships. The girls wear their Collars with pride. We wear the Colours unashamed and openly. We have each others backs.
- Commitment To encourage, motivate and rejoice in each other’s journey. Desire is the key to motivation, but it’s the determination and commitment to unrelenting pursuit of each individual’s goal – a commitment to excellence – that will enable them to attain the success they seek.
Needless to say, It was an interesting discussion….